Hello all
October is almost over and I can't believe it. Wade and Stasy's wedding was Oct 4th and was a lovely affair as they had planned for a solid year. Of course, it wasn't it the temple which makes me sad. Her uncle, a Presbyterian Minister out of Denver performed the ceremony and for a civil ceremony was nice although we all had a hard time keeping up with the prayers. I was so glad Julie and Bonnie were willing to go and drive and that made a wonderful trip. Bonnie stayed with Kirsti and Julie and I had a lovely hotel room with Trish's folks and Roger and Trisha in the same hotel. Kirsti, Topher and the girls came and they had a dance and the kids really had a ball dancing. It was fun to see them having such a good time. Bonnie was right in the middle of it all as was Kirsti and sometimes Topher and Sarah. I was so glad to see all of Roger and Trisha's family and Stasy's family was very friendly and very nice.
Derek and Shelley had a baby boy on Sept 26th and named him Gavin Ryan and he is a darling and Derek is walking on air and so is the mother. They have just moved into a new home and love it.
My Aunt Minnie died on the 26th; she was 95 and a very special lady in my life. She was the wife of my Uncle Ray, Mom's brother. I went home with them when I was in the 7th grade; ;my very first trip to Salt Lake 72 miles away. Can you believe that? Some change from the travel families do today. One of my favorite memories is going to the STate Fair with Aunt Minnie and Uncle Ray and Lin and Aunt Minnie going on the double ferris wheel and Uncle Ray and I staying on the ground laughing at the screaming going on as they came around each time. I hope their son Mack sends me a copy of the Eulogy he is giving.
Deryl and Shanna came last weekend for his 40th High School Reunion and had a great time; he was the MC for the afternoon program on Saturday and people have told me he did a great job. It is just his alley and he enjoyed the limelight.
Hello and Happy Birthday to all that celebrated this month and there are a lot more coming up in November. I am planning to go to St. George Nov 10th and stay until the end of the year. It will be wonderful to go to the temple and visit with family and friends there.
I love each of you very much and wish you peace, happiness and Joy in the Journey.
My love Grandma
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment